Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D was officially released today and the RCT3D reviews are coming in. After months of delays, the popular roller coaster simulation game is now playable on the Nintendo 3DS portable system. So how is it? Is it as good as its PC brethren? I personally haven’t had the opportunity to check this game out yet, but here’s our Roller Coaster Tycoon review based upon what other gamers are saying about Roller Coaster Tycoon 3Ds:
- You can ride your roller coaster creations from a first- person perspective.
- You can use the 3DS’s gyroscope controls to look around your park while riding your coasters.
- New story mode.
- You can’t name your rides or adjust their color schemes.
- Height markers on ride tracks are missing.
- Terrain can’t be modified (which means no tunnels!)
- Missing ride types (from the PC versions)
- General lack of features (no weather, no fireworks, no signs)
These RCT3D reviews are very disappointing to read. It seems like no new features were really added, and in fact, the game is missing a lot of important features from the originals (which came out in 1999). Why would they leave out so many features of a highly successful game?I guess they never heard the phrase “if it’s not broke, don’t fix it.”Again, I haven’t seen the game in-person myself but it sounds like you may be better off pulling out your original copy (or buying the latest Platinum edition). Have you played Roller Coaster Tycoon for 3Ds? What do you think? Share your Roller Coaster Tycoon review below!
Join our newsletter for the latest Roller Coaster Tycoon updates. Now, maybe we’ll finally here some news about the RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 release date…
P.S. I love the color on these Aqua Blue Nintendo 3Ds.